Are you nervous that a personal trainer may not understand your orthopedic or health issues?
Are you done spending time and money on fads or false starts?
Are you ready for a balanced approach to making lasting change in your life?
You’ve come to the right place to invest in your long-term health, fitness and sport performance with personal training in downtown Boise. We’ll focus on your individual goals; there is no one-size-fits-all approach. Your program might include personal training exercise sessions, nutrition counseling, cardiovascular or strength exercise program design and/or wellness coaching. Plans are based your current fitness level and your goals for your sports, recreation and health.
Get Started Now
Use this handy form:
After more than 10 years of personal training experience working with a wide range of clients, Marilyn has developed three particular areas of focus: strength training to enhance sport performance, exercise for breast cancer survivors, and wellness coaching.
She has provided strength and conditioning for serious and not so serious athletes involved in swimming, cycling, mountain biking, running, distance walking, baseball, ice hockey and tennis. It is great to see a well designed, sport specific, strength training program pay off in better performance and reduced injuries. Marilyn also enjoys helping a woman discover, or rediscover, the athlete within her.
Using her knowledge and experience with exercise, Marilyn helps individuals improve their fitness, which in turn often changes their lives in other positive ways. This connection between fitness and quality of life is a powerful force in the lives of cancer survivors. She offers individual and small group training for breast cancer survivors. Marilyn was the first Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer (ACSM/American Cancer Society) in the Treasure Valley.
Wellness coaching expands on the personal training experience by taking the time to look at other habits in your life that contribute to, or derail your overall health and well-being. Marilyn will guide you through a discovery process that will allow you to live a balanced and well life.
- M.S. Exercise and Sport Studies, Boise State University, 2005
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of California, 1980
- Certified Personal Trainer, ACSM
- Certified Cancer Exercise Trainer, ACSM/ACS
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist, NSCA
- USA Weightlifting Sport Performance Coach, 2008
- Health Care Provider CPR&AED, American Heart Association
- Adjunct Faculty, BSU, 2002-2005
- Dryland Coach, Boise YMCA Swim Team 2001-2009
- Physical Therapy Aid, St. Alphonsus Rehabilitation, 2005-2008
- Running Coach, See Jane Run 2005-2009
- Exercise Instructor, Integrative Medicine Program, MSTI, 2006-2013
- Presenter for ACSM Personal Trainer workshop, 2007-2010
Marilyn currently provides personal training at Zenergy Boise, 800 W. Main St.
Wellness coaching can be at any mutually agreeable location, or by phone.